Ministries at Cross Roads United Methodist Church......
There is room for YOU!
* Sunday School Sunday School begins at 9:30 a.m. with adult classes, children’s classes, and classes for the Jr. and Sr. High youth. Children ages Kindergarten through fifth grade meet in the Happy Jesus Room and the preschoolers meet in the Nursery. We have started a new class for youth and adults in the Sanctuary with videos and instruction with Pastor John.
*Prayer Ministry meets every Tuesday at Bethany Pointe Villas Club House at 9:00 and Fridays at Cross Roads UMC anytime between the hours of 9:30 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. Cross Roads Prayer Walk is open to all!
* Men's Prayer Breakfast meets every other Saturday at 8:00 a.m. All men are invited to attend. The men cook breakfast, have a devotion and a time of prayer and enjoy the fellowship. During the year they work at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway to help raise money for their projects throughout the year. They donate money to the Methodist Children’s Home and take the youth and kids to an Indianapolis Indians baseball game and a Pacer’s basketball game.
* Girl's Night Out Circle meets the first Monday of every month at 5:30 a.m. at Perkin's Restaurant for dinner and fellowship.
* Women's Breakfast Circle meets the second Saturday of every month at 9:00 a.m. for breakfast and fellowship at various locations, presently meeting at Frisch’s on Broadway. They worked together with the Girl’s Night Out on the cookbook. All ladies are invited to come enjoy breakfast.
* CRUMC Youth Jr. High students meet every Wednesday evening during the school year at 6:00 p.m. at Cross Roads UMC. The Sr. High boys meet on Sundays at 3:00 at the church and the Sr. High girls meet on Thursdays at 4:00 at Mugs Coffee Shop. They attend church camp and are developing their spiritual growth. The youth, also, plan the services every fifth Sunday of the month. All Jr. High and Sr. High students are welcome to join the fun and fellowship!
* Funeral Dinner Committee works with the congregation for donations of food for the dinners helping to coordinate, cook and serve delicious dinners for our church families who have lost their loved ones.
* Community Thanksgiving Dinner was initiated by Fran Wellman several years ago. More recently it has been renamed the John Lawson Memorial Thanksgiving Dinner in honor of John. John was homeless and yet became an inspiration to all who knew him and watched him grow in his faith. On the Tuesday before Thanksgiving our church serves a turkey dinner with all the trimmings free of charge to the people in the community. Bus rides are also furnished for those who do not have transportation.
* Missions Spotlight is featured the second Sunday of the month during our 10:30 a.m. service. Once a year in October we also have the Kenny Keesling Mission Emphasis Sunday, when we invite 20-25 different local missions to come to Cross Roads to share information about their work in the community. Throughout the year we send support checks to the different community agencies each month. We also have a representative from each of these Mission Groups speak at our services on the second Sunday of each month. Some of the groups we are supporting this year include the Christian Center, Man 4 Man, Madison County Jail Chaplaincy, Operation Love, Sowers of Seeds, Stepping Stones, United Faith Housing, Weekday Religious Education, Dove Harbor, Youth Serving Christ, just to name a few. The committee has additionally completed many wheelchair ramps and repaired others for those in need within our community and for our church members.
* B-12 Bible Study held every Thursday at 10:00 a.m. in the fellowship hall at the church. Everyone is invited to attend this study where we learn about God’s Word.
* B&B UM Women's Circle meets the first Thursday of each month, except January and February. All ladies are invited and encouraged to attend these meetings. They
meet at 4:00 p.m. in various locations.
* Game Night meets the first and third Thursdays of the month at 5:30 p.m. This ministry is for all adults who would like to get together and play games and enjoy the fellowship. They meet in the office building. Bring your favorite games to play and a snack or soda to share with others.
* JOY (Just Older Youth) Club meets the second Friday of the month at 11:30 a.m. at Perkin's Restaurant. Following lunch, we often have speakers or entertainment. Once a year in June we take a trip to Bearcreek Farms to see a show and have lunch. Any senior citizen or retiree is invited to attend.
* AA and Alanon meets at the church every Monday night at 8:00 p.m. These meetings are open to anyone in need of these programs.
* Overeaters Anonymous meets at Cross Roads every Tuesday at 7:30 p.m. and Thursday afternoons at 1:00 p.m. in the library at Cross Roads Church.
* Vacation Bible School All children from preschool through fifth grade, are invited to attend and enjoy this yearly event! Following the week Cross Roads has a Picnic for all who attended VBS and their families. Several games are played and everyone has a great time!
* Agape Party is held for the entire family for a great time of fellowship, nice dinner, desserts, and play games with a Valentine's Day theme. A nice evening for the family to spend Valentine's Day together!
* Exercise at the Villas is a time to fellowship while exercising at the Bethany Pointe Villa every Monday at 9:00 a.m. and Friday at 9:30 a.m. at Bethany Pointe Villas Club House right beside Cross Roads.
* Bethany Pointe Worship Experience
Cross Roads UMC provides worship with our neighbors living at Bethany Pointe on the first Sunday of each month at 9:00am.
* Young Adult and College Campfire is offered each Wednesday evening from 7:30 to 9:00 at Cross Roads UMC. This is a great time for young adults to meet and fellowship with other young adults & college students.
* Wednesday Evening Meals are provided for everyone at the Cross Roads Café on Wednesday evenings at 5:15 p.m. during the school year. Meals are also taken to our many shut-ins each Wednesday.
* Cross Roads Kids Klub meets every Wednesday during the school year at 6:00 p.m. where they have a lesson with the Children’s Director, Terri Nolan. All children Kindergarten through the 5th grade are welcome to attend. Come learn about Jesus!
* Wednesday Evening Bible Study at 6:00 p.m. in the Sanctuary for all adults following the meal. Join Cross Roads for Bible Study, singing and fellowship every Wednesday.
* Wednesday Prayer Ministry meets every Wednesday at 7:15 following the Bible Study. You are invited to stay and join the prayer group, where we pray for the needs of others.
* Cross Roads Choir also meets every Wednesday at 7:15 p.m. in the Sanctuary. Anyone who enjoys singing is welcome to join the choir. They meet September through May and usually sing at least once a month. At Christmas they do a Cantata and also present an Easter Program.
* Craft Corner meets in the fellowship hall at the church on the fourth Saturday of each month at 9:30 a.m. where they learn to make various craft projects with an instructor.
* Trunk 'n Treat In late October, Cross Roads holds a Trunk 'n Treat in the parking lot of the church and our members decorate their cars and dress up in costumes and pass out candy to children who come for a treat. This is an alternative way to have a safe place for children during Halloween. We also offer a free hay ride and refreshments like hot chocolate and hotdogs, with the proceeds going to camping programs.
* Fellowship Dinners We have fellowship pitch-in dinners throughout the year. There are a lot of great cooks at Cross Roads and we need to find a reason to eat. We have the Birthday/Vision Dinner in January; Easter Breakfast; All Church Picnic; a Fall Weiner Roast; and a Christmas Dinner for all.
* Picnics In June, July, and August we have a pitch-in picnics on the third Wednesday in the shelter house at Cross Roads at 5:30 before Bible Study & Wednesday activities.
* Worship Our worship services are at 8:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. They are blended services with lots of music, time for the children, praises, prayer concerns, and greeting people. The Praise Team leads the congregation with praise choruses and the pastor always delivers a very inspiring and insightful sermon that is applicable to everyone.
* Sunday School Sunday School begins at 9:30 a.m. with adult classes, children’s classes, and classes for the Jr. and Sr. High youth.
* Mother/Daughter Banquet Each year we honor our mothers and daughters with a brunch and program for all women of the church and their daughters in the Spring. and everyone has a great time!
* Foster Children's Christmas Party and Easter Egg Hunt In Memory of Kathy Vaughn we host the Foster Children’s Christmas Party and Easter Egg Hunt each year at Cross Roads. We have wall to wall children and adults. We usually have about 75-100 foster children, their foster parents, and their children. We get donations from area stores and the Missions Committee to help with gifts, candy, and food. It is really a great experience to see all their smiling faces. We also help with babysitting the foster children while the parents have their meeting once or twice a year.
* Food Pantry Cross Roads has a thriving small food pantry where we can help a family once each month on Mondays from 10:00 to 12:00. We offer canned goods, fresh vegetables, meats, cereal, crackers, personal hygiene products, and paper supplies.
* Drama Team Acting Up In Church is a group of adults, youth, and children who enjoy drama. We try to have a Christmas play and Easter Drama along with small skits throughout the year during worship services.
* Visitation Committee calls on people who are in the nursing homes and hospital at least once a week. If you or a loved one is in the hospital, please call the office and notify us.
* Operation Christmas Child Cross Roads participates in this program to provide shoebox gifts to children around the world so that we can share the love of Jesus.
* Praise Team come hear the wonderful Praise Team Sunday mornings during the 8:30 and 10:30 worship services.
* Prayer Shawls is a great ministry to get involved in. Prayer Shawls are taken to those who are in the hospital, nursing home, or shut-ins. Directions for both crocheting and knitting are provided at the church office. We need shawls for men , women, children, and infants. When people receive a prayer shawl, they also receive a card stating that it was prayed over while being made.
* Encouragement & Support Group meets on the fourth Friday of each month at 2:00 to help those dealing with the loss of a loved one by encouraging each other and giving support during the hard times.
Please see website calendar for any time changes or cancellations.
All material on this web site is the property of Cross Roads United Methodist Church Anderson, copyright © 2015